
I need to see this movie again because the first time I saw it, my first reaction was, "What's the big deal? Was this supposed to be scary?" After seeing the following this past weekend, I think now might be the time to dust of the old Hitchcock classic and give it another try.
You need to click on these pictures to grasp the experience a bit better.

The pictures don't do this justice. These birds do this every year, they will fill up the entire back yard and then fly off all at once and go to another spot, like our huge tree in the back yard, or the roof, or the golf course trees. The sound is eerie. They were doing this for an hour or so around our house on Saturday.

But nothing surprised me more than this: Can you tell from the next picture without looking at the others, what kind of bird this is?


Yeah, it is a bald eagle. Just hangin' out in our neighborhood for the weekend.

He was quite popular with the neighbors, people were stopping by and taking pictures. I was so excited to use my new camera with my zoom lense so I could capture these sweet shots.

Tom took this one, as he got directly under the tree. He said the bird was following him with his eyes making sure he was not a threat or something. He looks kind of intimidating if you ask me!
7 comments:
No kidding! I wanted to go outside and run straight through the middle of that flock of birds, but we were eating dinner or something.
I know! the other morning they were on Maryanne's and Lori's roof and grass and as we drove out they all took off. I had to stop my car because it was so amazing! I love where we live!
Oh my gosh--that looks like Will's dream yard!! He loves to chase after birds and watch them fly away. There have been lots of them around lately! The bald eagle is way cool too. Send it our way next time you see it!;)
That is always the coolest/freakiest thing, all those birds!! I also always think of that movie as I look out the window at them. So strange. And I canNOT believe we missed the Bald Eagle! That is soooo awesome. I wonder where he lives??
P.S. Are those Kip's paws that I see climbing up the tree with the eagle? *tee hee*
So very cool! It's migration time and I always watch for them in the canyon when we're out on a run. We saw one about 2 weeks ago...but not in our own backyard! Lucky you!
Hi Julie. Parker, Brendan and I were looking at your blog this morning and we loved one of the pictures of the eagle. So we decided that picture would be my new screen saver. Everyone will see it when they come into the kitchen. What a beautiful site. We got the opportunity to see one soaring through the stadium at the Fiesta Bowl last year!
Post a Comment