Chipsahoy (Tom)
Funky Kong (Nathaniel) I call him Luigi
it's a boy, it's a boy, and it's a boy!!!! Wow, Cookie is quite the puppy machine. The first puppy, Starshine was born at 12:35 a.m., followed by Minuet 2 hours later and Deany Weeny came in last at 5:55 a.m. This whole process was so intense for not only our nice dog, Cookie, but for Madison who delivered two, Morgan who delivered three and Nathaniel and I who delivered two. I say we did it because Cookie needed a lot of help. We cut all the cords after we ripped off each sac. Three were breech, and that was hard for poor little Cookie. We had to be right there to help or I think we would have had a different outcome. We had to take each puppy away after they were born and put them in a box that I had put warmed up rice bags in and then put under a lamp to keep them warm. It wasn't safe for them to stay by Cookie while she was in labor because she was thrashing around a bit and they were getting really cold, and when she shut her jaw over the head of Starshine, we were a bit worried. But it all worked out and we have 7 new animals living in our house. House total:19 incl. people (the chickens live outside I have to say and the gecko is really low maintenance)





5 comments:
Aww, I liked Funky Kong better than Luigi! Oh well. He'll always be Funky Kong to me. :)
PS. You should mention which are male and female.
Oops! You're missing the photo of Chips Ahoy.
Oh, good! I was hoping you put pictures of the new little puppies. They're so adorable. My two favorite names are Chipsahoy and Minuet. They both fit their names really well. I like Luigi too. It was nice that each person got to name a puppy. Are you going to sell them or what? Good job with the deliveries. Cookie looks really sweet. Her top knot is the best. Congratulations!
I'm just so happy that Cookie isn't suffering any more with all those BABIESinside of her skinny little body!! I felt so bad for her Sunday night - I felt her pain. I just wanted to CRY every time I looked at her, just shaking and panting. Congratulations to Sugardoodle Cookie - now a mommie :)
Oh, the puppies are so cute! I'm really fond of Minuet. I hope you guys are still getting some sleep what with taking care of so many puppies! When I saw the picture of Cookie panting in the swimming pool I thought, "Oh, she even had a water birth! How luxurious! I'd like to try that someday!" But I notice that there is only a blanket in there. Still, it's probably a comfy place to give birth.
Post a Comment