It's so funny how kids are so excited to lose their teeth. I would be devastated if I lost one. Especially if it was a front tooth. Can you imagine how embarrasing it would be?
If only I had the purity and simplicity of mind to be like a 6 year. I wouldn't care if I had on plaid burmuda shorts and a sleeveless basketball shirt with a hole right in the front. I also wouldn't care if I burped out loud in front of all my friends. My big excitement for the day would be putting a straw in the new gap my newly extracted tooth left behind. I would love to go outside every day with my brother and wrestle in the grass and then roll around with my dog. I would think it a feast to eat a hot dog without the bun, with plenty of ketsup and mustard on the side for dipping and for dessert, two scoops of bubblegum ice cream on a plain cone.
At night after a session of reading books and snuggling in my mom's bed I would happily crawl into my own and think about riding my bike or skateboard the next day and if I should watch Sponge Bob or Sesame Street when I wake up.
To be like a child....
If only I had the purity and simplicity of mind to be like a 6 year. I wouldn't care if I had on plaid burmuda shorts and a sleeveless basketball shirt with a hole right in the front. I also wouldn't care if I burped out loud in front of all my friends. My big excitement for the day would be putting a straw in the new gap my newly extracted tooth left behind. I would love to go outside every day with my brother and wrestle in the grass and then roll around with my dog. I would think it a feast to eat a hot dog without the bun, with plenty of ketsup and mustard on the side for dipping and for dessert, two scoops of bubblegum ice cream on a plain cone.
At night after a session of reading books and snuggling in my mom's bed I would happily crawl into my own and think about riding my bike or skateboard the next day and if I should watch Sponge Bob or Sesame Street when I wake up.
To be like a child....





4 comments:
Of course, Thomas's teeth will fill in once he loses them. Yours are permanent. Therefore, it makes perfect sense why you would be mortified to lose a tooth. It's got nothing to do with simplicity.
:) Just giving you a hard time.
I just showed the picture of Thomas to Ben, and he thought it was so great! I can't believe that's his first tooth gone!! What a cutie! I, too, love the thought process and simplicity of the boys at this age--it keeps you on your toes! We'll be home to play soon!!
I liked Madison's comment.
Cute as can be, that little Thomas. What a doll. Congratulations, buckaroo!
The leisurely life of a 7-year-old! How would it be? :o)
I know the fear of losing a tooth. I have nightmares all the time that my teeth are falling out!
Post a Comment