Monday, August 20, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Mother Daughter Activity


Brinley wasn't the most aggressive one in the bunch!


o

In May, Brinley and I had a fun night at the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta for her little Activity Days group she belongs to for our church. I am one of the Mommy helpers in charge of the girls who are 10 years old. We have tons of fun, meeting twice a month where we learn stuff, have fun and socialize. For this party we made some of the decorations, those cute colorful tissue paper flowers we all have made before, we learned to sing "I am a Child of God" in Spanish, and at our final meeting before the party we made guacamole and salsa. That night was so fun. The girls whacked the Pinata, sang the song we learned, did a Mexican Hat dance and ate really yummy taco salads. We set up a little Mexican photo studio and posed for some of these photos. Included are my adorable niece Haylie and her fabulous mom Maryanne, Lynette (my next door neighbor and awesome friend) with two of her FIVE daughters.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a fabulous idea! Those Mexican hats are the best. I'm sure this will be something the girls will always remember. The mother/daughter pictures are priceless!