Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't mess with Texas

This is Governor Rick Perry from the great state of Texas. I wish he were the governor of our fair state. Read below what he said in a press conference to announce that he supports the House Concurrent Resolution 50 in Support of States' Rights under the Tenth Amendment of the Constitution. He's upset about the bailout money, TARP money, the stimulus money.


"The federal government has become oppressive. I believe it's become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of its citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state. Millions of Texans just like yourselves that are tired of Washington, DC, trying to come down here and tell us how to run Texas. (applause) We think it's time to draw the line in the sand and tell Washington that no longer are we going to accept their oppressive hand in the state of Texas. There is a point in time where you stand up and say, "Enough is enough," and I think Americans and Texans especially have reached that point."

Way to go, we need more leaders of state to have the courage to stand up like he has. I think many are more concerned about their political careers and don't want to. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the nation.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's my gov! Woo hoo, Rick Perry!