
Is it possible that I have a 20 year old daughter!? I guess it is because Madison is having her birthday today! She is a day ahead of us in China, so as we speak, she is celebrating her 20th birthday. Happy Birthday to such a wonderful, kind, beautiful, clever, witty, and thoughtful daughter. I could go on and on, but I wouldn't want her to get a big head! We miss her a lot, but are so glad she is there having the time of her life, building life time memories and hopefully helping some children along the way. I love you Madison!

Madison reads like a mad man. It cracks me up because it's like she can't get enough. She is reading The Lord of the Rings for the third time. *snore* And I think everyone knows how many times she has read each Harry Potter book. *gasp*

When Madison turned one, we had a big party for her. She would not smile for anything. She was overwhelmed by all the attention and would not make a mess with her cake, only one finger at a time. It is so funny to look back on because it really fits the way she is now. She is very tidy, very color coded and organized. She is smiley now, but does have a shy side around people she doesn't know.

This is at the airport on August 20th, the day Madison left for China.

What a lucky kid, she got to go to New York City on her 16th birthday!
5 comments:
Thanks for such a thoughtful post, Mom. It's always nice to know that your family and friends are thinking about you. I love ya! Though I seriously doubt your judgement in putting that Easter picture online. :S
Happy Birthday to Madison and also to you, Julie!! I'm sure that you, the mom, remember tons about the day you had her--why should the celebration only be for the child?!! Seriously, though, you guys have raised a beautiful girl, and I'm so glad she is able to get out and see the world and help others along the way. Good job!!
Julie, I can't believe Madison is 20. Happy Birthday!
I miss Madison! She's such a good girl, er, uh I mean woman! :) A teenager no more! I'm sure Brooke is envious as she is counting the days until her freedom from teen-bondage!
I remember babysitting Madison when we were in dental school and she was just a little toddler. And whenever she saw Brooke she would exclaim with great joy, "Bookie"! And Brooke would say back, "Maa'son!" Then they'd give each other a big hug. ^-^
Ah, Madison is such an awesome niece. I love her! I'm glad she's having a nice time in China. She is all those things you said about her and then some. You've done well, Tom and Julie! Happy birthday, Madison!
Post a Comment