9 years ago
Monday, September 15, 2008
Estate sale gold mine!
I hit the most amazing estate sale ever! It was a quilters/crafters paradise to say the very least.The former owner of this stuff was a home ec. teacher at BYU for 30 years and also had a craft supply business. This woman's basement was chock full of patterns, quilt, cross stitch, and craft books, too numerous to even guess how many were there. It was in the THOUSANDS. There were shelves and shelves and shelves of books, supplies and materials. I found some completed work as well, as you can see in the photo. It was fun and sad at the same time. I felt bad that this lady who made these beautiful pieces will have strangers owning them. However, there was so much stuff and I know the family already went through it all, I am sure they got to the point where they just couldn't take it all. The quantity of what was in the house was completely overwhelming. I scratched 1/1000th of the surface. I made away with 14 quilt books that I can't wait to try out. For the whopping amount of 80 bucks, I felt like I got a pretty great deal!
Labels:
daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Wow, Julie, lucky you! I think you got a great deal!
Bekki
Wow, you sure hit the jackpot! I bet that was a lot of fun to sift through. Did Jan J. go with you? I'm sure she would have loved to go along.
Jan J told me about it. She made quite a haul too. It was fun. She's my estate sale buddy.
Good thing I'm not a quilter or we may have gotten in a fist fight over the goods!
That's great, Julie.
Post a Comment