Could it really be possible!? Morgan turned 16 and went on her first date all on the same day. Her high school has a dance called MORP which is prom spelled backwards. The couples wear matching shirts and it is very casual. Our good friends from Oklahoma came out during this time and I thought it would be fun if their 16 year old daughter got to experience a typical Utah school dance. Morgan and Raegan were scrambling around the day before and found her a great date with Gavin, a nice boy whom we know from church and school.
She didn't want to put the party hat on, but the vote was unanimous, she was going to.
Nathaniel made the cake for her, spice cake with cream cheese frosting. It was so delicious and a big hit with the whole crowd. Morgan was SO impressed that her little brother made her cake.
This is part of the group ready for the day activity of going to the Planetarium at the Gateway and enjoying a dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.
The newest Dunder Mifflin employees, Laree (all the way from Oklahoma) and Gavin hailing from the thriving metropolis of Riverton, give the thumbs up.
My adorable and obviously strong niece, Raegan, and Cheyne look like they are ready to save Gotham City.
Nicole and Alec have definitely put on the Ritz.
Morgan asked Will to the girls choice dance by filling a jar with white beans and 7 of those beans had the letters of her name (Morgan V.) them. She put a tag on the jar that said, "I've bean thinking, that we should go to MORP together. Find the beans with letters on them and unscramble them to find out who I am." He answered back a few days later with the same jar filled with jelly beans. The note it had on it said, "I've also bean thinking about MORP. Count how many beans in the jar and if the number is even, that means yes. If the number is odd, that means no. P.S. don't lose or eat any before you're done counting."





4 comments:
Julie, I LOVE this post. Happy birthday to one of the cutest nieces in the world. What a great coincidence that Morgan turned 16 the day of the dance. It looks like she had a nice group to attend with.
And how fun that your out-of-town friends' daughter got to arrange for a date. Did they have fun together? What did she think of the dance? I'm sure it was completely different than her school dances are. The ones here in Texas are so bad that most of the Mormon kids don't go to them. We actually have a Mormom prom in the spring with all the kids from the three stakes in Austin. They can invite any of the kids from school, but it's a big huge dance with better standards.
Yay, Nathaniel! Good job on the birthday cake. I'm glad that Morgan put her party hat on...it looked cute. Everyone did.
Julie, I was glad to see the picture on your mantle that I got for you of the Salt Lake tample. It looks very nice.
Morgan, you and Lindsey are going to have such an excellent time rooming together at EFY in August. HBTY!
Cute pics of cute kids! That's so fun that it worked out that Morgan could celebrate her birthday by going on her first date :) And that was way fun to have Laree there too - I'm glad that worked out. These gals are growing up WAY to fast.
And Nathaniel did a bang-up job with the cake! (Although the candles were a little weird! Tee hee, jk...I know you were stressed about the placement of the candles Julie!)
Ha ha, I don't think Morgan will be happy when she sees some of those pictures. She hated that close-up one I took of her!
I just realized that you probably chose this title because of the movie...that was in your ERA! You liked Molly Ringwald, huh? I can't even remember the movie well, but thought about it when I clicked back to see if you've updated your blog yet.
Post a Comment