
Boomer Sooner, just like her mommy, we were even born in the same hospital in Norman. When our family visited the World War II memorial, I was so moved. It was holy ground to me, as were so many of the beautiful memorials in Washington, D.C. I thought it would be neat to take a picture of all of the kids by the names of the places they were born.

Shirley, I mean Madison. (
sorry, Madison I just had to include this one) Morgan was goofing off and did this to her sis. I'm not quite sure if they were on good terms after the fact.

Here is Madison with Thomas and Uncle Kelly. I am sure she will want me to point out that this is BEFORE she got her red belt rank advancement.

Madison is so awesome, she even loved Lego-land.

Madison in my favorite t-shirt that she borrows a lot. (
more on sharing clothes down below)

Cookie is fun to pose with, as you will see if you keep looking at the rest of the blog!

The three oldest love to play music together, though it doesn't happen often, when they do it is really fun to hear.

Madison is growing her hair out and this was one of the really cute ways she wore it while in the grow out process.

This is Madison with her sweet cousin, Tracy, who recently had a kidney transplant.

Could this be a Hogwarts reunion? Oh, nope, it is just Morgan dressed as Tonks; Aubrey (
my darling niece) as Belatrix LeStrange; Madison is Delores Umbridge; and friend Abby as Professor McGonnagal. Aubrey came out for her birthday which coincided with the release of the Deathly Hallows book. This was perfect for Madison and Aubrey who I think are THE biggest Harry Potter fans out there.

Emotions were high while reading the Deathly Hallows.

This has been a bittersweet year for Madison. She told me she felt like her childhood was officially over now that the final installment of the Harry Potter series came out. She grew up with it, read all the books about 12 times apiece now. (
the last one she has only read 4 times) So I guess now that she has decided she is not a child anymore, she has made a decision on what to do with a geology major. She wants to teach high school science. This suits her so well, coming from a kid that devoured Bill Nye and Magic School Bus episodes. She loves dinosaurs, earthquakes, and volcanoes and weird stuff like that. We couldn't be happier for her. She is so fun for me because she is past the teenager stage (
except her boy craziness is in full force now), I don't panic every time she gets in a car to drive and we can share clothes. It's great. I wouldn't want to cross her though because she could do one of her round kicks she learned earning her red belt in Tae Kwon Do. She wants to get her black belt within the next year. This is another reason why I don't worry about her so much anymore. She can hold her own. So when she goes to China in May hopefully she will be properly prepared to defend herself if she needs to. (
ooh, what in icky thought)
3 comments:
Madison, you look so cute in all these pictures, as do your siblings. It's hard to believe my baby sister has a "child" who is in her junior year in college. You are so much fun to talk to every time I call and you answer the phone, and it's exciting to have another niece who is an adult (besides the "Cooties").
I am thankful for nieces and nephews! I have kept the little silver embossed sunflower note card you made for me about three years ago when I went out to visit your family and do a show. I have kept it in my office on my desk and have looked at it often and it always cheers me up.
It is always exciting to see your comments on my blog (you KNOW I love that), and the fact that you would have come out to visit if the airline tickets would have been affordable, just makes me happy. I love the young woman you've become and think the world of you. You are going to be such an ideal science teacher (the teenagers will adore you) and I feel that is an excellent choice for you. That's actually what I hope Lindsey will do too. Not teach science, per se, but perhaps a teaching career. Then it will be Jessica (woohooo...who graduates soon), then you, and Lindsey representing! Ik hou van jou!!!
--Aunt Kelly
Wow Madison, you look so cute! I also felt very torn apart with the realization that the Harry Potter series is officially over now. But anyway...I'm sure that we'll live on.
I can't believe how fast all of us are growing up... I can still remember us running around in your basement full of cans playing games. Good times...good times. =]
Well, Love you! -Lindsey-
OH Masson!!! i luv you!!! i think you're sooo soo so cute!! you make me happy!! :D
love, modan
Post a Comment