Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Salsa day

Bell peppers
Rinsing the tomatoes
all the peppers
Peeling the tomatoes

almost finished!
My good friend Heather Mortenson shared her wonderful salsa recipe with me last year and it's a favorite now. I loved using produce from my garden. Next year I am planting anaheim peppers and yellow bell peppers so I won't have to buy them. I did have the tomatoes, jalepenos, and green bell peppers. I might even decided to plant the yellow onions. We did have green onions this year for my fresh salsa I make and those were great. My kids love this salsa throughout the winter when I can't make the garden fresh stuff I make in the summer. That same day I bottled 16 quarts of tomatoes with the help of Morgan. That sure makes it go a lot faster when you have such a great helper!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations, Julie! I'm so impressed, as usual. Excellent job on capturing the task in photos. Thanks for posting it too. Your talent and inspiration might have an impact on me some day. I have YET to make anything "canned" by myself.