We took the kids for a weekend trip down south and wanted to do some hiking. We started off at Angel's Landing in Zion National Park.
Already I am mad at myself for not getting better pictures of Angel's Landing! I should have taken a picture of the sign that said:
Strenuous climb
narrow route with cliff exposures...
or this one:
WARNING!
Falls from cliffs on this trail have resulted in death
these first two photos I borrowed off the internet

This is Walter's Wiggles, a series of switchbacks that crank you up the mountain pretty quickly. Not scary at all.

Look closely and you can see how you are hiking so close to a cliff edge on this photo. I wish I would have gotten this shot myself!
Nathaniel pretending to be scared. He and Morgan practically ran up this thing. They were waiting for us for a very long time. I like soaking in the scenery...and taking lots of pictures.
Tom and Thomas didn't go all the way up to the top. They did some exploring on their own.
Spring has sprung here in Utah
None of these pictures are in order. I just can't do it. I'm too lazy.
Brinley is an amazing hiker. She never complains about needing to stop or "this is hard" or anything like that. It was a four hour round trip for us and she was smiles all the way.
Brinley and I hiked up to the top by ourselves. Morgan and Nathaniel had no interest in waiting for us. We had so much fun together. We talked, took pictures, laughed, it was such a fun time with Brinley. These pictures of us are at the very top of it all. It was absolutely the funnest hike I have ever been on.
Here we are on top of the world. I have no idea how long the big kids waited for us, but I am glad they did so I could actually get a picture of them.
This photo will give you an idea of how far up we were when hiking up to Angel's Landing. This picture was taken after we came down and were stopped at one of the lookout places. Tom and Thomas are at the bottom of the picture and if you look at the top of the ridge, there were hikers up there going up to the landing.





4 comments:
We really enjoying vacationing and hiking down there two summers ago. It's spectacular. Linda was there in that region too, same time as you. It would have been fun for you to see each other!
Very cool pictures, and it looks like a great time. I'm sure you were so sad to miss out on more snow here at home! I can't wait to do that hike someday--but with your advice, we will wait at least a couple more years!
L-O-V-E the pictures!!! you are some daring souls.
What is weird to me about this hike is when I am doing it I am completely fearless. But then later, as I'm laying in bed thinking about what I just did, that's when I totally panic!! Glad you guys finally got to experience "The Angel." And glad you survived to tell about it! Seriously!
Post a Comment