
I'll give you a dollar if you know what this building is, and if you know what movie made it famous. The answer is at the bottom of this post. Don't cheat and scroll down now!

This is the home where Betsy Ross was commissioned by the head of the Continental Army, George Washington, to sew the first American flag.



Don't try to park in a parking garage with a car top carrier. OOPS! Our brand new Swiss Army suitcases don't look so new anymore.

Thomas had been asking for these army guys for days and days, after seeing some in Gettysburg. After our trip to Valley Forge, I gave in. Sam got some too, and the second we let them out of the car, they found a spot and set up camp. It was so funny how fast it went up as we decided on our carriage ride.

This picture could be an album cover.....

I loved these streets in Philadelphia, they are stones from Belgium if I remember correctly. They are original. The history oozing out of this city blew me away. I loved it like crazy.

Independence Hall was the principal meeting place of the second Continental Congress from 1775-1783. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were drafted and signed here.

Inside Independence Hall was so pretty, I loved the pale blue paint and Colonial design.


This chair was sat in by George Washington!!! So flippin' cool. This is the assembly room where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed.

Grace, Brinley and Annika

There were a ton of people looking at the bell, and no wonder as it was made to "proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants therof"
2 comments:
OOOOh, I love your pictures of this city!! So artsy! And all the historical info. Dang, you are good!
Nice pictures! Boy, this sure was a fun day.
Post a Comment