Wednesday, August 20, 2008

St. George, Utah

If you go to St. George and are on Main street, go here to eat. It was so delicious! They have great salads and paninis and of course, scrumptious cupcakes. I don't like cupcakes usually, but these were not from a box typical cupcakes. These were what a cupcake should be, moist, sweet, not airy and flavorless. The strawberry chocolate was so yummy!! I wanted to go back for every meal, but couldn't. I think I want to go to St. George again just so I can eat at this place.




I love how it is decorated.  It's so hip and fun.  They even play groovy music that I love.
The cakes in the window were too pretty to eat.


This nice young man, Adam asked us where we were from and was suprised to find out that we live down the street from his grandparents and two uncles.  His sister owns the place.
Nathaniel had strawberry chocolate, Morgan had peanut butter and Brinley had chocolate vanilla.  
Tom's shirt matched the decor.

My children are easily entertained with a quarter!
This was not posed, my family just can't function without their morning paper.  They stopped here after our breakfast at the Bear Paw for Beligian waffles.


Brigham, Thomas, and Tom




St. George temple of the Church of Jesus Church of Latter-day Saints



Brigham Young winter home




I loved all the handmade bricks.  Each one has its own pattern on it depending on who made it.  Each mason had his own tool to make his brick unique from the others.
This tabernacle was built in the middle of the 19th century and was located literally in the middle of nowhere.  I was in awe of how this was even possible.  All of the materials were acquired locally except the windows.  
I loved this building, it is so beautiful and simple.



This is a reproduction chandelier of the original cast iron. I think the aluminum looks marvelous.

A lot of the window panes are original

Morgan and Nathaniel were so excited to be able to play their duet that they've been practicing, on the beautiful Steinway grand piano.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

I never got to hear their duet! I'm so bummed. I wish they'd post it on youtube for all to enjoy. Those reproduction chandeliers are pretty, very elegant.

Maryanne said...

Cool pictures! I love St. George (when it's NOT 111 degrees) and the temple/tabernacle/Brigham Young home! Did you know that Mitt Romney's great-grandfather (could be great-great) build that really cool circular staircase in the tabernacle?

Callisto said...

I just love looking at these pictures! Whoever was taking them sure did a nice job. I love you all so so much!

Kelly said...

You added more to this post since the first time you posted it! Looks like a fun trip. The cupcake shop looks festive. Cupcakes are awesome.