Friday, May 9, 2008

IDOL FEVER!



"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is American Idol!"
I love when Seacrest says those words, especially this year, as Utah's own David Archuletta makes his way into the final three.  We love American Idol.  Go David, you rock!

DAVID ARCHULETTA comes home for the weekend and we went to see him.




May 9, 2008  Murray, Utah
David Archuletta Day
About 20,000 people came out to David's high school to cheer him on and welcome him home.  I brought Brinley and her friend Breanna along for the ride.  Maryanne had two of her daughters with her and saved some seats for us.  It was a blast and a total adrenaline booster to see Utah's own, David Archuletta, our next American Idol!!!!!!


This kid can sing!  
David puts his all in everything he sings.  He was so appreciative and thankful to the crowd.  He was blown away by the amount of support he got.  He kept laughing and saying, "wow! thank you so much, you don't know what this means to me.  It means the world to me."  


Click on this picture so you can see the people's faces in the crowd.  Little girls were screaming their brains out.  It was so exciting and fun to be there and feel the enthusiasm of the fans.

We were excited for David to come out.

I couldn't resist taking this picture of this girls hair.   What is in there?!

All the volunteers had these shirts on.

Maryanne is my Idol watching buddy.  Lately Brooke and Haylie have joined in the fun.  We love David!



A small portion of the crowd, these are mostly the kids from David's high school.  They were allowed to be on the field, the rest of the people had to be on the bleachers.
Brinley and her friend Breanna are wild about David!

This was on the street corner near the high school where David visited.

A local bank supports their home town hero.

4 comments:

Callisto said...

As much as I usually dislike American Idol, this season has been fun to watch on and off. Go David! (too bad the kid's only 17...)

Maryanne said...

OH MY HECCKK!!!! That was so much dang fun! I'm sooo glad to made it to sit with us.

David is such a cutie, and I thought his voice was even better in person! I really think he's going to be the next 'idol' :o)

It was just hilarious to see these young girls bawling their eyes out. It reminded me of the movie clips that you see of The Beetles fans from the 60's. Poor guy. I hope he stays humble.

Kelly said...

How fun!

Yes, it's been a fun season. I'm happy for you Utahns, but I'm voting for the other David!

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

I have to agree with Madison...I don't love the show, but that David sure is a cute kid. I love all the pictures you took, it really captures the fun of the festival. I especially love the one of that girl's nasty looking hair.