Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pioneer Trek





Morgan and Nathaniel coming out of the mountain and meeting the families after their 2 and a half day, 25 mile journey looked a bit dirty. We were still glad to see them! Nathaniel's group ran down the hill with their handcart once they came in view of all the parents that were waiting for their kids. Once Morgan saw me, she had the biggest "Morgie smile" on her face. ( pictures are out of order) Nathaniel is pictured with his "Ma and Pa", the Finches. He had such a fun time and didn't want it to end. He loves camping and the outdoors. He told me it was so beautiful outside. He is the only person I know who sleeps like a rock when he is sleeping outside in a sleeping bag. Morgan really enjoyed her experience and gained a new appreciation for the pioneers and their awesome strength.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh, this put tears in my eyes. They are such sweethearts. I'm so proud of my wonderful niece and nephew. What a fantastic experience. I heard that Morgan was very helpful on the Trek and I'm sure that Nathaniel was too.